Ashoka’s Changemakers and Global Water Challenge have partnered to open a worldwide search for ideas and projects that, when scaled-up, have the potential to transform the provision of sanitation and water.
All entries are due by Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:00 pm EST (21:00 GMT).
Currently, over 149 entries have been received from 45 countries with ideas such as:
- Affordable household filters that remove arsenic and microbes.
- Biosand water filters in India.
- Implementation of water harvesting ponds in Ethiopia.
- Rooftop water harvesting programs.
- Solar water-distillation for potable water.