Ashoka’s Changemakers and Global Water Challenge are asking for your opinion on the project proposals for their recent competition: Tapping Local Innovation: Unclogging the Water and Sanitation Crisis.
Three winners will be chosen to receive a 5,000 dollar grant for “innovative approaches to providing access to safe drinking water and sanitation”. Over 265 entries have been received from 54 countries, and now you may help to decide the winning projects.
Vote for your favorite three participants by May 11, 2008!
- Naandi Foundation, India
- WaterPartners, United States
- City Garbage Recyclers, Kenya
- Ecotact – Innovating Sanitation, Kenya
- Swayam Shikshan Prayog, India
- Himanshu Parikh Consulting Engineers, India
- The Clean Shop, South Africa
- Centre for Community Organisation and Development, Malawi
- Manna Energy Foundation, United States
Here are two of the projects, but don’t take my word for it… go to the web-site and vote!